Monday, November 08, 2010

Stagnant Dreams

I’m always standing on the edge
between where I’ve fallen
and where I wish I could fly,
my heart feels the pain of elusive rainbows
so it burns with desires that never get satisfied,
they boil over on the lips as words,
inflaming without thinking
all the pent up anger inside.

Can’t control this simmering heat
unable to temper its flare
always reaching a point with some acquaintance
where my behavior grows so annoying,
ending any chance for communion,
just left with silence in the wake.

Then in the next ride on the friendship rollercoaster
remembering all the ups and downs
from every other journey taken

Plus seems to be my misfortune
that I end up only encountering
a host of other lives with nomadic spirits
who themselves are often lost,
they match to me like oil with water,
but for a while we try to find some balance,
yet eventually it always seems to sour,
finding out I’m far better at perfecting my flaws
than improving on them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home