Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Embers

Smoldering visions flow in their radiant cerebral effigies
for they are the iridescent coals of higher acquiescence,
the pure path of light rising out of inner darkness.

And on saner occasions when not sucked
into the bowels of some whirlwind,
a twister from my own scarred memories
stirred by flicker inside of more sublime thoughts
arising defiantly against that impaling mood.

It is when I float to where I once reached
on lofty layers above the muck and mire
clinging to the mind during midnight strolls.

Out of that cranial cesspool do I rise
slowly and softly like a feather,
aloft on the simple slipstream of greater truths
about how it is to be a woven part of some bigger whole.

Then the warm of its epiphany heats my sadness
as my eyes see with new clarity
the important of what honestly lasts
beyond the perils of a day.

In that realm I step so cautiously
because it is a landscape rich in tranquility and peace
were love is the sun and life is a celebration,
which if inhaled with all the senses alive,
becomes a time of intuitive touches,
felt more than merely lived.

Out of the abyss often trapped
finally I reach a plateau of ethereal mists
as trust shines that was so dim,
being some genuine indwelling,
which bewitches in its revelation
until I can cherish what is for its worth,
not merely grope for reason to see mars,
briefly am I touched by timeless thoughts,
blessed by the caress and blissful
over the respite from seeing myself as center
instead of merely existing by what breathes and thrives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home