Wednesday, December 09, 2009

My Emptiness, My Shame

Today I’ll get to hold another’s dreams,

guard them like they were my own,

carefully preserve those many treasures

and never even complain

when my reward is to have it all taken away,

every item I protected

be removed with not a single care about my feelings,

where is my celebration for my faithful service?

 

Do they care how it leaves me so empty

then gives me such agony

from having a chance to feel each of those object,

get so used to its feel and appreciate its worth

just long enough to become so attached,

so utterly obsesses with that caress,

only to have it yanked from my presence,

not sorrow expressed nor regrets received.

 

How it all starts out as torture,

while they take me down each aisle,

slowly they select all those fabulous gems,

but never do they think of what I like,

merely content to grant me the tease

of that temporary caress without a chance of possession.

 

At night they all return to their homes

play and cherish their belongings

with me left abandoned as are my brethren

to that dark chamber were we can only dream

about the life we would have

if fated had blessed us with such joy

as to let us know the thrills they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home