Friday, October 16, 2009

Collapse Of A Conquer

Superman swelled in my pillow,

I clung to that power in my dreams

to cast aside this purgatory adolescence

amid a drunken father

and emotionally crippled mom.

 

It was all the hidden

beneath a vault of treasure,

as we dwelled in our tower

our lives attired by reputation.

 

But I was going to be different,

success would be my deliverance,

no weakness would cripple me,

inside existing a super hero

who waited the time to fly.

 

Zealous passions clawed at my schoolbooks,

obsessed in the quest to climb

a ladder to the pinnacle

where unlike others

would I remain a god.

 

Nobody mentioned

how that summit was made of quicksand,

stress would strangle with its own

slow eroding spell of affliction.

 

With bag of gold I told myself

invincibility was my truth,

nothing could harm me,

no other life would conquer my glory,

though I lived there all alone.

 

The game blessed with its garments

even though I only felt pain,

subduing it with drugs killed the screams

at least before the world.

 

Only it didn’t stop the cancer from hollowness

from rotting inside.

How I kept up that illusion

until that day came

when I swallowed up a house

where I family had live,

they left at the eviction notice,

yet their eyes shined with love,

faces had a peace and happiness

that I knew I would never have.

 

Realty came as an avalanche

as I collapse under its weight,

here I was in hell all alone,

which love would never come

to offer any redemption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home