Monday, October 19, 2009

Bigger Is Better

I dreamed of the jewels of avarice

in a diadem set for glory

a chance to taste sweet liberty

among the captains of industry.

 

But college didn’t see my star,

employers failed to appreciate my worth,

still I refused to be denied

the precious pearls of success.

 

Hours spent in lairs of possibility

scavenging among the entrepreneurial citadels

to gleam a chance

at my very own pillar of profit.

 

Oh the liars that I found

who all wanted cash

in order to sell me

some plan for wealth

that always turned into

just another mirage

with a vacuum that sucked

away my joy and cash.

 

But then I met master

one real guru of prosperity.

His wise ways gave me hope

there was a capitalism crown.

 

All I needed was to think big enough

then everything would happen

as he has this vision for the perfect choice

of an product that would capture

one consumer’s need

and give me a monopoly.

 

Now I’m claiming it everyday

while I acted on that vision.

 

[Yep, smoked fish will turn me

into an economic king.

Only hope jaws cooks fast enough

in my fireplace

before those stinking fish vapors in the house

makes me good blind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home