Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Sleeping Angel

She slumbers on soft satin sheets
her silent snooze so convey such serenity
leaving me to have amnesia in the night
over the dark spell that bewitches her days,
forcing me to forget her banshee blast
when an evil wind seems to beguile her heart.

My mind retrieves those mental portraits
of days when she did have wings
flew so far by the breath of dreams
her face composed with such calm and love.

Where did it die my soul longs to know
with dire ache of longing for what was loss
somewhere she faded in her heart
suffered the decay from her tenderness
and grow like leather in her senses.

Though it rips apart my insides
to suffer the ire she now vents awake
I still cling to treasure chest of the past
carefully filled with mementoes of smiles.

Doesn’t always slay the fire
once her flame of rage is alive
totally having power over her tongue.

Yet I ever for the sake of sanity
clutch the beauty of once was
allowing it to cushion my pain
amid the sorrow soaked sunrises
she rises on black plumes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home