Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Falling

If I never fell and learned the risk of its bruising pain,
never stepped a pace that made me stumble in my ways
my mind and heart would be lost in maze of misperceptions
not able to discover how my walk was marred
so I remained deceived in my false perfections
without a fact of flaws to be a mentor for my mind.

For in our dreams we run with endless and matchless grace
always reach our journey’s end totally victories,
but when we face those times we lose control
when our feet fail us no matter how hard we try
within is sent the message to pause and pay attention
carefully setting aside the companion of pride.

It is the mistakes that speak their sagacity
through blunt and harsh lips,
yet nothing communicates its message
more vividly unto our thoughts
as when we run into that stop sign
and finally are forced to know what it means.

Oh more blessed is the soul who grows
from every wound and accident
by finding wings to soar beyond
the detours of our haste
unto the realization so necessary
over the basic, primal truth
of how we can’t truly rise to our real worth
until we stop living by delusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home