Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wednesday Afternoon

Outside the sky is overcast and the air cold
it adds to the gloomy, lethargic mood
draped over my mind like a tablecloth
and inside my house I am alone
just filling the silence with old DVDs.

They can’t rid me of the heaviness,
the sense of pointlessness to existence
in this quiet emptiness of my bedroom.

My brain stirs a fantasy
to try and revive hope
only it drowns in that deep, dark void
of where I fell when age
took away any sense of being young.

Today is another replay of monotony’s song
can’t forget it or kill it
since it lives within the afternoon.

So I slip into a dream
about tropical isles and happiness,
it lasts for thirty minutes
before I envision sharks attacking,
another conjured fear to spoil the illusion.

Perhaps if there was some escape
from dying one day at a time,
a chance to run away to a paradise
my house wouldn’t feel like a prison or morgue
where I was a condemned prisoner.

One more gaze out the window
and I see a bird in the air,
how I wish life was that simple,
no sorrow or loneliness
merely a flight so peaceful and calm.

Tomorrow I’ll look for feathers to cloak my despair,
for now I’ll let my imagination
climb the stairs to a world without
these dark moments of constant unanswered questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home