Friday, June 12, 2009

Canyons

There are so many times
when a gulf exists
between my daily life
and the places of my dreams.

A job that pays the bills,
but never inspires the passions
of what I truly love to do.
Home life lived more by duty
than by love,
because the burdens of choices
you know were the ones had to be made,
even though they didn’t carry with them
the blessings of complete happiness.

Knowing that options of change
would only cause so many problems,
so finding ways to fill the emptiness
without resulting in pain or sadness.

I lose myself in writing and exercise
using my creativity to find subtleties
of alterations to the things
that I must do everyday.

It isn’t perfection, but brings a special peace
while learning to seek whatever contentment
can be found in the dull routine.

Amazing how doing an ordinary chore
so very well an applying all the desire you can muster
warms the moment with satisfaction
until you forget it was so boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home